Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz: Building Exceptional Vehicles… and Careers!
The best chapters in Alabama’s automotive success story are yet to come. The Mercedes-Benz automobile of the future will be different; greener, more efficient, safer, and even more fascinating.
Only one thing will never change – It will wear a star.
The vehicles we manufacture are the finished results of our skilled workforce, and we're hiring even more. We are looking for Specialists and Team Members to join us in crafting a wide variety of vehicles from the Mercedes-Maybach GLS SUV to our all-electric electric vehicle, the EQS SUV and EQE SUV. Our Tuscaloosa County site is home to the production of Mercedes’ luxury SUV models, including electric vehicles. Just down the road in Bibb County, MBUSI has launched the production of high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Our two campuses are among the most advanced automotive manufacturing facilities in the world, with over 6 million square feet combined.
MBUSI offers an excellent total rewards package including competitive compensation, health and life insurance, 401(k) matching program and defined contribution retirement plan, annual bonuses, tuition assistance, and paid holidays. Further on-site MBUSI resources such as childcare, medical center and fitness center are available for all to utilize.
Our Team Members share a common goal to be the best luxury auto manufacturer in North America. MBUSI is committed to excellence and actively promotes positive team culture, teamwork, safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
Mercedes-Benz, U.S. International, Inc. takes pride in being an Equal Employment Opportunities workplace. Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, age, ethnic origin, and any other characteristics classified under applicable Local and Federal laws.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to join us in electrifying the future!
Purpose of the Position:
- Able to efficiently diagnose and resolve both electrical and electrical / mechanical interface issues.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and repair of both electrical and mechanical related issues on all current model Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Demonstrate proper utilization of the supporting systems and resources available to accurately diagnose and repair all current model Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Work on and/or around high voltage battery systems.
- Demonstrate the ability and can perform a variety of electrical and mechanical repair processes while maintaining Mercedes-Benz quality standards.
- Able to properly disassemble and reassemble vehicle parts throughout the entire repair process following standard methods and procedures.
- Properly utilizes documentation systems, including the use of any computer related equipment or written systems.
- Must be able to fully complete all repair related activities, beginning with proper diagnosis and closing with quality confirmation and recording necessary documentation.
- Collaborates and supports other Team Members in all subsequent repair activities.
- Provides necessary feedback concerning all repair related activities and procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently, while maintaining Mercedes-Benz quality standards.
- Collaborate with other departments to properly provide feedback, resolve repair related issues or to implement continuous improvement activities.
- Follows all safety related guidelines related to any and all repair related procedures.
- Transports necessary materials and/or parts to designated areas of the assembly line.
Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing conditions; assignment changes, shift schedule changes and procedural changes, including repair concepts and required documentation.
- Must be able to work rotational shifts and subsequent overtime as needed.
- Must be able to properly demonstrate the ability to utilize all forms of communication, both verbal and written.
- Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards and laws. Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
- Work safely 100% of the time.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience and Necessary Skills all must be met in order to qualify for position.
Education / Experience Requirement:
Associate's degree in Automotive Technology or relative electronics degree from an accredited college, certified technical training institute or certified military training program plus two (2) years of experience as a repair technician in a certified automotive repair center.
If no degree, a minimum of six (6) years of experience is required as a certified repair technician with additional electrical technical experience.
Necessary Skills, Certifications, etc.:
- Experience with automotive diagnostic software.
- Electric or mechanical diagnostic experience.
- High ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform electrical / mechanical repairs.
- Solid attention to detail, the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Flexibility in moving between a variety of job assignments and work schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Xentry WIS and other related Mercedes-Benz-vehicle information systems.
- Experience with the Automatic Data Processing (ADP) workshop management system.
- Familiarization with Mercedes-Benz specific coding and electrical schematics.
- Master ASE certified or other relative certifications.