Mercedes-Benz Parts Logistics Ibérica, S.L.U.
We are Mercedes-Benz and we are leading logistics projects at an international level and, therefore, we are looking for a Team Leader of approximate 6 operative employees in transport management positions. The employee will participate in planning of programs and give advice on logistics and quality considerations. Provides technical and operational support to the stakeholders as well as advice on application of logistic management best practice, systems and procedures. To have an active part in the management community, if required manages supplier improvement projects and lead escalation meetings with internal/external partners.
• Leading 6 highly-motivated transportation planners.
• Coordination towards the headquarter team in Germersheim/Germany and managing international working consulting firms (using weekly Shopfloor cadence with the team & headquarter).
• Governance and functional lead coming from the central department of GSP/OGI Team Transportation Planning Wholesale to Retail.
• Ensuring the GSP transport cost saving initiative with approx. 20-30 transportation tenders per year and other transport related projects together with the team in Germersheim and other central departments (planning/strategy, purchase).
• Ensure transportation projects are managed on time and on target and drive day-to-day decision-making within the team, the headquarter and other corporate functions with Mercedes Benz.
• Enabling the team to best perform in management meetings (milestone quality gates, steering committees, working groups, alignment calls with the >40 logistics centers).
• Drive lessons-learned and training initiatives incl. project-/team-quality
¿ What we offer?
• Family conciliation: teleworking and flexible hours
• Holidays: 35 business days
• Company holidays: 2 extra business days
• Restaurant ticket
• Salary band according to the market benchmark and the responsibilities of the position.
• Master or bachelor degree in business engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in transportation, purchase, planning and consulting needed. Ability to work with different cultures, languages & mindsets.
• Excellent business English, German language not a must, but will help in the job.
• Experience in corporate business, automotive
• Relevant work experience as Project Manager, Purchaser, Consulter and/or logistics manager in demanding line functions.
We are looking someone with initiative, enjoying accountability, having a solution-oriented way of working and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to story tell complex solutions in easy language & writing, team player and excellent organizational and implementation power and with strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.