In this role, you will contribute to the development and integration of the graphics subsystem as part of our first-in-class in-vehicle infotainment system MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience). You are part of the UI team that handles the backend technology, in particular our Wayland compositor, Qt stack, and other system plumbing components.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Embedded Linux Software Engineer to join our world-class team and help us deliver high quality products used by developers across all of Mercedes-Benz.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience working with Wayland, the Linux graphics stack, Qt, and embedded software development. As our new Lead Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the development and integration of our keystone products: a system-wide Wayland compositor and a developer-friendly Qt stack.
- Take ownership of the software the team develops; delivering functionality, quality, and graphics performance are your passions.
- Aid your Engineering Lead with prioritizing and planning the development work of our components, including coordinating development, planning, and testing activities with external stakeholders.
- Considerable experience in software development work as part of a geographically distributed and highly online team
- Strong understanding of agile and classic development processes
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence
- C++, Qt5 / Qt6 and QML familiarity
- Extensive experience with the Linux graphics stack, in particular EGL, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- A professional background in computer science, information technology, or a comparable field
- English proficiency; A1 German is big plus too
- Interest in software architecture for embedded system
- Familiarity with contributing to open-source projects
- Automotive development experience
- Experience with Yocto, Unity/C#, Linux packaging and plumbing
- A track record of open-source contributions, which doesn’t necessarily mean coding!
- Team-player attitude
- Well-developed collaboration and communication skills
- Adaptability, risk assessment, patience, self-organization