We are working on the next step in the evolution of the human-machine-interface between a Mercedes and its passengers. We combine the ease of use, the safety and the durability of the existing infotainment system, MBUX, with the flexibility of a whole portfolio of top tier third party applications. Many of which you and our customers will already know and love from your own devices.
You will become part of the team that creates the technological platform to enable all of that, while connecting the dots between engineering, business and delivery to bring the 'Best or nothing' Portfolio to ensure the maximum direct impact of each developer to those who matter the most to us: Our customers.
As a team we cover many of the use cases a modern infotainment system has to offer. Some examples would be the translation of a Binder API to a D-Bus service, the adaption of our Hardware Abstraction Layer, the E2E engineering of an entirely new system service to handle say contact integration, creating speech use cases, handling app intents and so on.
If you want to become part of an international and multi-cultural team with a 'best-or-nothing' mindset, can drive even complex topics independently and responsibly and coordinate small sub-teams (~3 people) then we would love to get to know you!
Sneak preview of your future tasks
Your task will be to engineer technical solutions in the complex space between Linux, Android and third party content. In order to achieve this you will collaborate with other developers and facilitate technical solution together with our architects and product owners. You will need senior or expert knowledge in part of the system.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Information Technology or a comparable qualification
- You are expert in working with Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Familiar with Android System/Software Architecture – Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), System Services, Media Services etc
- Experience in Android Frameworks ( C++ or Java )
- Knowledge and experience in Android IPC like Binders /JNI/intents and intent filters
Nice to have
- Experience in In-Vehicle Infotainment System.
- Android automotive OS Experience
- Experience in CMake and yocto.
- Worked on Linux Root file system (Linux Frameworks)
- Knowledge of Various Linux IPCs ( Dbus, unix sockets, ...)
- Experience in working on android in a virtualized environment.
- Debugging experience of complex system problems of resource management in android platform.
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!